DIY Hair Oil With Natural Ingredients For Thick Long Shiny and Dandruff Free Hair
A rich homemade hair oil that is so easy to make with few just a few ingredients. If you are experiencing hair fall, thinning of hair, hair loss, dull hair, itchy scalp, dandruff or dry flaky scalp etc; if you do not want to chemical shampoos and hair creams (which are expensive too) that claims to reduce hair fall or make hair soft and glossy then this is for you. This single hair oil is completely chemical free that will take care of all your hair ever needs and the best part is you can make it at home easily.
I love to experiment with my hair, try different hair trends and styles. So I experience frizz, hair fall due to breakage, dull lifeless hair and split ends. Well heat acts as the main culprit for all these problems but why should I stop experimenting when I can take care of it right? Now I love to use chemical free, natural organic stuffs for skin and hair care. So here’s a simple DIY that’ll do the magic.
My hair type is dry and frizz prone with slightly oily scalp. Also I had dandruff few sometimes back. So basically if I use anti-dandruff shampoo it will make my hair even drier and frizzier but normal shampoos will just won’t remove the grease from scalp so I’ll experience limp hair the very next day. So I had to find something for this difficult situation. Here’s what I did.
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Dried amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Dried hibiscus petal
- Dried curry leaves
- Fenugreek/Methi seeds
You can buy these things from local stores or online, some are available in the kitchen and garden. I used cooking oils for this purpose from my kitchen because most of the hair oils available in the market uses mineral oil which is very harmful. It works better when the oil is pure. Rest of the stuffs are organic. Hibiscus petals and curry leaves were collected from my garden from organically grown plants.
Now if you find it difficult to get pure and organic stuffs buy what is available at your location.
Each of these ingredients have amazing properties and they are so so beneficial for our hair and scalp health. Here are some of their benefits listed below.
1. Coconut Oil : Lightweight and rich in fat content, provides deep nourishment to the hair shaft, conditions hair, removes dry flakes from the scalp, has high amount of hair vitamins, moisturizes dry hair, makes hair soft and manageable.
2. Olive Oil : Very light weight, not greasy, hydrates scalp, removes dandruff and prevents it from coming back, reduces scalp itchiness, makes hair lustrous, fixes hair fall and split end problems.
3. Amla/Indian Gooseberry : High in vitamin C which is a strong antioxidant. Amla is considered to be the ultimate hair tonic. It reduces and controls graying of hair due to pollution, reverses hair damage, stops hair fall effectively by making hair follicles stronger, provides hair vitamins and mineral which results in healthy hair that grows faster and thicker. Basically using amla in any hair oil can change how your hair looks.
4. Hibiscus petals : Restores lost lustre makes hair super shiny and helps to reverse the damage. It’s amino acid contents provide strength to the hair so reduces hair fall, keeps hair frizz free and makes it easy to detangle.
5. Curry Leaves : Prevents premature hair graying, makes hair color darker, reduces hair fall, fights against hair thinning, treats damaged hair, promotes growth, prevents from scalps infections and fights dandruff.