Homemade pH Balancing Rose Scrub : For All Skin Types
Balancing skin’s pH is one of the most important yet neglected thing. While scrubbing away dirt and dead skin cells not only improves blood circulation but cell regeneration also which leads to improvement of overall complexion. When a physical exfoliator has pH balancing properties it helps controlling excessive oil production and prevents skin from drying out easily as well. So basically this becomes a product for all skin types. You can easily make yourself one at home if you know the right ingredients.
As you guys already know I love all things natural and I prefer my skin care products to be pure, natural and free of chemicals which is why I tend to read a lot about natural ingredients and their benefits. Last year I grew lots of rose bushes in my garden (organically of course, no chemicals) which was is full bloom last winter, so I thought of collecting the falling petals for future use(yeah I’m that crazy). Trust me if you can ever do this you’ll be thanking yourself later. Moving on, after collecting the rose petals all I did was cleaning them gently and kept them under the sun all day till they’re crisp. Once I had handful of dried petals I planned to do some DIY stuffs, other than the rose water of course, so I ended up making this scrub. If you even manage to buy dried organic rose petals that’ll be equally good and save you a lot of time.
Okay so now let’s talk about the huge list of ingredients–
- Rose petals powder
- Oatmeal powder
- Any essential oil for fragrance (optional)
That’s it. You basically need only two ingredients and you’re all set. Just take equal amounts of these two and store them in a beautiful looking container. I used 3 drops of Alps Goodness lavender essential oil which made it smell divine. If you don’t have it simply skip it but if fragrance is important for you I’d suggest you to add any essential oil because it’s a natural unprocessed product so smells kinda odd.
Benefits of This scrub
- Rose petals powder is one of the most effective pH balancing natural ingredient which is cheap and almost found everywhere. It controls oil production while hydrates dry skin as well. So it works perfectly for all skin types.
- Rose is used as an Ayurvedic medicine as it has therapeutic properties.
- It calms down nerves, soothes itchy skin, relaxes and relieves stress.
- It’s natural oil hydrates dry, patchy skin deeply, removes blemishes, promotes blemish free smooth skin.
- Rose powder soothes active acne very effectively, controls oil production thus prevents further breakouts.
- Oatmeal on the other hand has anti-inflammatory properties that soothes and replenishes dry skin without making it oily. So it goes hand in hand with roses.
- Oatmeal powder also soothes and replenishes skin while it removes dead skin cells effectively.
- This scrub comes in handy to treat sun tan and sun burn. The soothing properties of the ingredients will relieve sun burn immediately.
How to Use
Since this is a natural product it is best to keep it on the skin for a few minutes. That way you can get the maximum benefits. All you have to do is take some of this powdered scrub in a small bowl and make a paste using water or milk according to your skin’s concern, then apply generously all over you face and neck and let it air dry. Once it is dry rub it off with circular motion and then wash off any residue with plain water. You’ll feel fresh and hydrated after every use.
Here are some brownie tips that you can use to treat different skin concerns-
- For dry dehydrated skin that looks dull use milk with this powder to make a paste and use as described. Repeat twice a week. You’ll feel the difference within a month of use.
- If you have normal or combination skin just use water to make a paste out of it.
- For oily skin use aloe vera gel and a tiny amount of curd. Make a paste using all of these and apply.
- If you are sun burnt use aloe vera gel with this scrub to make a paste. In that case you simply wash it off with plain water rather than scrubbing it off.
Nothing works overnight to magically give you beautiful skin. Be patient enough and consistent with usage. I have been using this for over four months now. By now I know how wonderfully it works on different skin types. So it’s a DIY worth sharing. Let me know if you liked it.
Further Reads :