Healthy Recipes Using Coco Soul Virgin Coconut Oil
We all know beauty benefits of coconut oil, it moisturizes and cleanses our skin thoroughly but do you know the health benefits of coconut oil? Virgin coconut oil has milder aroma and it tastes better than the extra virgin one but the benefits are huge. Here’s why and how you should use virgin coconut oil for a healthier living choice.
I have been using Virgin Coconut Oil from the brand Coco Soul. This is my first ever coconut oil for cooking so I was skeptic about the taste at first. Also I’m not a fan of the aroma of coconut oil so I try to cover or at least suppress it’s mild flavor with other ingredients. Coco Soul Virgin Coconut Oil retails for Rs.230 for 250ml, it comes in a plastic bottle. You can get it online from their website or from flipkart. Below are the benefits of coconut oil and how you can use it for healthy living.
Benefits of Virgin Coconut oil
- A superfood with high amount of healthy saturated fats which gets absorbed into the body easily, thus helps maintaining weight.
- The medium chain triglycerides (MCT) act as quick source of energy by turning into ketones which has powerful benefits for brain. It enhances memory, prevents memory loss, even Alzheimer’s and other conditions.
- The healthy fatty acids reduce hunger pangs, thus keeping us fuller for longer period of time which leads to weight loss in the long run. This makes it a keto friendly food.
- Coconut oil nourishes the thyroid gland which leads to better thyroid functioning, a great option for treating thyroid conditions.
- Coconut oil can increase the amount of good cholesterol.
- It improves the moisture content of skin and hair.
- Improves dental health when used as a mouth wash (oil pulling).
- Removes brain fog (forgetfulness) caused by hypothyroidism.
How To Incorporate Coconut Oil In Your Diet : Few Useful Recipes
Using a mix of oils for frying, cooking or seasoning is the best idea. While cooking something at moderate to low heat you can use virgin coconut oil, it is safe to use it that way.
1. Turmeric Tea :
Turmeric is an ancient native spice that can do wonders to our body. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties are really good for a healthy living. Now this spice is fat soluble. So either you can have it with milk or if you are lactose intolerant like me, make a cup of turmeric tea in hot water and add a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil to it. This is an extremely good and essential drink to have if you have any kind of inflammation in your body like acid reflux, arthritis, joint pain or inflammation in joints, hypothyroidism or hormonal imbalance etc.
2. Coffee With Coconut Oil :
Adding a spoonfull of coconut oil to your morning coffee is a great idea if you want to boost your metabolism, increase immunity and get instant energy. The MCTs in virgin coconut oil will give you instant energy. You can even take 2 tsp of oils if you are adapted to the taste of it. You can also blend it using a milk frother. It goes well with coffee.
3. In Fruit Smoothies :
Mix your favorite fruits to blend them into a smooth texture. Just add some coconut oil before blending for a wholesome filling drink that will keep you fuller for longer period of time and provide amazing energy.
4. For Frying Omelette :
Omelettes take very little time to get cooked so using coconut oil for frying an omelette is a great idea to add coconut oil in your diet.
5. In Dips and Chutneys :
Virgin coconut oil smells so good when tempered with curry leaves and other spices like mustard, cumin seed, cinnamon etc. Use your preferred spiced for tempering dips and chutneys chutneys or even raita. My favorite is low fat curd raita with a tempering of curry leaves, black mustard seeds.
6. In Homemade Chocolate Cakes and Cookies :
Coconut oil goes very well with coffee and cocoa. So next time you bake some chocolate cakes or cookies at home don’t forget to use this oil instead of butter. It will be a healthy and wholesome baking.
7. For Drizzling On The Top Of Soups :
Butters are processed so contain trans fat which is the worst kinda fat that blocks our arteries. So instead you can drizzle in some virgin coconut oil in your hot soup along with some crushed black pepper. This will make your soup even healthier.
8. Before Making Dough For Flatbread :
I always mix a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil in the flour before making dough for roti or parantha. It results in a soft dough and you can never taste the coconut oil in it.
9. In Homemade Ice Creams or Sorbets :
A dash of healthy fat is always a good thing to include in daily diet. So make sure to add some virgin coconut oil to your homemade ice creams, gelato or sorbets before blending. This will result in a firmer binding because of the fat content and give you a healthy dessert of course.
10. For Cooking :
Last but not the least you can cook anything with virgin coconut oil if you love how it tastes. Drizzle it on the top of any snack or salad or use it for marination.