A Moisturising Cream For Dry Skin In India By An Indian Brand
Fabeya Cocoa Butter Cream is a thick but light weight cream with buttery soft consistency. With the goodness of cocoa butter which soothes and repairs itchy dry skin (specially) in winter. Also it is free from paraben, sulphate, alcohol, phthalate, silicone which is very good for dry skin as those ingredients are toxic and drying. This cream has the richness of a body butter but melts into the skin without any greasy feeling, leaving your skin super soft and plump. With the quantity provided for the price this Cocoa Butter Cream from Fabeya seems to be a good budget buy.
Hello my beauties!
Welcome to another dry skin essential product review. I have dry body skin which compels me to try out products with cocoa butter. I cannot tell how much I love this magic ingredient! Cocoa butter is a blessing for dry skin. Also I have developed thyroid conditions so I have been feeling terrible dryness lately. So I just wanted to grab this Fabeya Cocoa Butter Cream the moment I saw this on Amazon.
Check out Dove Rich Nourishment Skin Cream Review
Price and Availability
Benefits of Cocoa Butter for Skin
Cocoa butter is a magical ingredient which the internet is raving about. It is the fat extracted from cocoa beans, the same fat source used in making chocolates. Lightly fragrant cocoa butter has several beauty benefits, here are some
- Packed with healthy fatty acids cocoa butter makes skin smooth, relieves from dryness, restores youthfulness by eliminating fine lines and wrinkles.
- Polyphenols help in restoring skin glow.
- Flavanoid antioxidants help eliminating age spots/pigmentation.
- Rich source of fatty acids which gives it a thick, creamy buttery feeling which melts into skin leaving it beautifully plump and smooth.
- With regular use of cocoa butter dry skin conditions like itchiness, patchiness, roughness, fine lines and early aging etc. can be healed.
- Can be used on lips, face, allover the body.
For the Cocoa Butter Cream Fabeya has quite a few claims which are listed below
- No parabens, free from SLS, cruelty free and premium quality.
- Prevents Skin Dryness and Peeling: Cocoa butter makes an excellent skin moisturizer, plus it does more than just hydrate the skin — it helps actually heal it from the inside out too.
- Non-Comedogenic and this cream improves the moisture content of skin by helping retain moisture between skin layers and preventing moisture loss.
- Fights signs of ageing, thanks to polyphenols present in cocoa butter.
- Repairs skin by boosting collagen production.
- Dermatologically tested & Hypoallergenic.
- Enriched with Natural Cocoa butter.
- For all skin types.
The ingredients label on the back of the tub reads,
“Aqua, Light Liquid Paraffin, Petroleum Jelly, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Mono Stearate, Emulsifying wax, Glycelyl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Cocoa Butter, Carbomer, Triethanol amine, Fragrance, Butylated Hydroxy Toluene (BHT), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA.”
The packaging is nothing fancy for this cream. A normal tub with screw cap with the details written on the body.
Honestly, I have a love hate relationship with this product. I was determined to take extra care of my skin this winter, so I was on a quest for a really good body cream. That’s when I came across this Cocoa Butter Cream from Fabeya. As I stated earlier my skin got terribly dry, body lotions just din’t work that well for me and I cannot just keep on applying lotion again n again through out the day. So when I tried it after a hot shower my skin immediately felt soft, well hydrated but not moisturized but a huge amount of this cream was required for good hydration on my desert dry skin. The cream itself is like whipped cream with cocoa, very thick and very light weight at the same time, not runny at all, very faint brown in colour. It smells like cocoa, the aroma is like bitter sweet chocolate but quite strong, lingers on for a few hours. I personally like the aroma but sensitive noses can feel bothered as it’s quite a strong aroma. After a day or two I felt my skin has become a lot smoother that I could not stop touching my arms all the time. Though it requires a bit more than usual for my super dry, dehydrated skin but the results with continuous usage are good. Sometimes I wish it had more oil residues left on my skin, I would have loved that in winters but this cream just gets absorbed very easily into the skin leaving no residues. I feel the moisturisation for good 6 hours and that too in the driest parts of my body. So it is going to work super fine for normal to oily skin people but not on dry skin people. Another interesting fact that Fabeya Cocoa Butter Cream can be applied on face as well since the main ingredient is cocoa butter, which is really good for skin. I used it as my makeup base before applying foundation. It kept foundation and face makeup on place and kept my skin hydrated too. With regular usage it gives a healthy looking skin which is soft to touch and visibly radiant. It is a budget friendly alternative of body butters for people with normal skin. Now coming to the negative side, it was a great purchase for me until I realized why it is not that moisturizing and that much light weight! The Cocoa Butter Cream from Fabeya has butylated hydroxy toluene (BHT) and on top of that it has light liquid paraffin, petroleum jelly as main ingredients which gives that super light whipped cream kinda texture. Cocoa butter is present in very low concentration which makes it vanish in the skin leaving no moisture on top. So it is not that of a bad chemical free alternative. Brands these days are coming up with paraben free products as people are aware of parabens now. So they label the products as paraben free even if they are filled with other unwanted chemicals. This product is just a perfect example of that. Also you get no clue how much of these chemicals are used, they haven’t disclosed the amount. So I’ll not say it is a great product both performance wise and ingredients wise. Not recommended for very dry skin, you’ll end up reapplying it throughout the day.
- Great quantity provided for the price.
- Provides good hydration, good for all skin types specially dry skin type.
- Smells good, like cocoa.
- Free from parabens, Alcohol, phthalate, sulphate and silicone.
- Makes skin soft like baby’s butt.
- Promotes skin radiance with regular usage.
- Not greasy, very light weight, blends like a dream.
- Feels like whipped cream.
- Huge tub, not travel friendly.
- Cocoa butter is not the primary ingredient.
- Contains light liquid paraffin and petroleum jelly predominantly. They do not make skin greasy but provides moisture. These are not good for skin and health.
- Full of unwanted ingredients. Whats the point of labeling the product as paraben free and good for skin?????
- Smell is quite strong or rather I should say pungent, may bother sensitive noses.
- Does not provide enough moisturization to very dry skin type, reapplication is needed. I would have loved some oil residues over my skin after application rather than all absorbed feeling.
2.5/5. I don’t mind using my cream from a tub but paraffin and bad chemicals do bother me a lot. Despite the name it has very less cocoa butter and not recommended for dry to very dry skin or else you’ll need very frequent reapplication.
Will I repurchase?
Do I recommend?
No. Those who do not like too much nasty chemicals in their beauty products won’t like this cream very much.