Turmeric Essential Oil : The Golden Elixir Of Youthful Beauty
We belong to the land of Ayurveda, India. Turmeric is no new spice to us. It’s the golden spice that adds colour to a curry. The health benefits of turmeric is incredible as well as beauty benefits. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties make huge impact on skin and hair when used in a proper way.
Today I’ll be talking about turmeric essential oil from Good Vibes. I love turmeric for skin care but never used the essential oil before this one. The benefits of using turmeric essential oil are huge and the results are amazing. So here are a few stuffs which everyone should know about this magic potion.
Benefits Of Using Turmeric
Turmeric has a wide range of benefits for skin and health. Well today I’m not gonna be talking about the health benefits. Here are some beauty benefits that you will notice withing the very first use of turmeric essential oil,
- Relieves inflammation. Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory properties that not only reduces skin inflammations but heals them. Great for day itchy skin conditions, rashes, acne – pimple or even reduces inflammation for minor nicks and cuts.
- Antiseptic turmeric dries up acne really fast.
- It has anti fungal properties too which reduces dandruff and prevents it from coming back.
- Reduces hairfall and prevents hair loss due to fungal infections.
- Turmeric acts as a skin rejuvenator, brings back the lost glow to the skin.
- Antioxidants in turmeric fights against signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles, patchy skin, dryness, dullness, roughness, pigmentation etc.
- Turmeric promotes blemish free skin, fades dark spots even stubborn acne spots too.
- Repairs cracked heels.
Price and availability
Different Ways of Using Turmeric Essential Oil
- Mix 2-3 drops of turmeric essential oil with half a teaspoon of carrier oil. Now if you have dry skin use almond oil and for oily skin use olive oil. Just mix them together and massage on your face, neck, body. You can wipe off the excess oil with a wet cloth after the massage to avoid excess oiliness and then go to sleep. This simple thing can easily replace your night creams. If you have acne, blemish, fine lines and early signs of ageing, dark spots, this remedy targets all these skin concerns and gives visible results within a week.
- For treating uneven skin tone just mix a few drops of this golden oil to your body scrub or body lotion and apply. You will notice some amazing change in no time.
- You can do spot treatment with this too. Take a drop of turmeric essential oil onto your palm. Dab your forefinger in the oil and then rub it directly on the acne, dark spot. It will reduce in no time. Specially if you have hormonal imbalance and your acne is not going away you should give it try. I found this one is working better on my hard acne than tea tree essential oil.
- If you don’t like facial oils then simply add few drops of turmeric essential oil to your normal day cream, night cream or moisturizer, mix and apply. You will get similar results. Also his one comes handy when you are travelling since it is a fuss free way to use essential oils.
- Make a DIY face mask using besan, curd, lemon juice and add a few drops of turmeric essential oil to the paste, apply on face, wash off when dry. This gives instant glow to the skin, removes dullness, treats acne and dark spots when used regularly.
- For dandruff care or hail fall control take some hot oil of your choice (I prefer a mix of coconut and olive oil), add 3-5 drops of turmeric essential oil, mix and immediately apply this to your scalp. Don’t forget to give your scalp a good massage. Keep this for at least an hour or the best overnight. Wash with a mild herbal shampoo. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.
- Another way for dandruff care which is specially for those who do not like to oil their hair very often. Mix aloe 2tsp vera gel and 1tsp multani mitti to form a paste, you can add water. Now add 4-5 drops of turmeric essential oil to this thick paste, mix and apply on your scalp with light massage. Wash off when it dries, you won’t even need shampoo nor conditioner. This is the best cleanser cum conditioner for greasy scalp.
- Lastly, mix some of this golden potion with any oil or foot cream. Apply on cracked heels. You’ll see visibly smoother heels which will heal with continuous usage. Severely cracked heels may take longer time to heal. Be patient and continue using this you will get great results.